Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sidetracked!

Yep, I've gotten a bit sidetracked over these last few weeks. Life happens, focus gets lost, projects get stuck on the back burner and other things seem to take precedence. This update will show a bit of what I'm talking about and then end on a positive note as I've gotten myself back on track over the last few days. Even though this blog has been update free, I have been very busy at the bench as you will see.

Well enough talk, lets see some photos of what I've been up to.

First up is a small scene that has been an on and off topic that I have been toying with. I'm building a small scene showing a buttoned up M3A3 in British markings about to be ambushed by some German soldiers. The AFV kit as well as the base I've made is still in black primer and I have yet to assemble any figures but this is just a quick snap of what I have done so far. I've covered up some of the exposed white plaster where I've made holes for the tree and fence posts with some black circles so ignore those oddities in the photo. This scene will have very thick groundwork surrounding a narrow dirt road with maybe two or three soldiers hiding in wait for the ambush.



Another one of my on again off agian projects is another AFV Club kit, the M18 Hellcat. I've painted it, added markings and done an initial wash but I have yet to pick out any of the details or really go to town on the weathering. I'm not sure where this kit will end up, a stand alone model or a small base but I have been tinkering with this kit for a few weeks now and thought I might show where it stands at the moment. It looks like I'll need to dust this one before I go any further, perhaps I should put it in the box between working on it? I guess that would only make sense.



Another project I have been working on may come as a bit of a shock. Two, yes not one but two Tamiya Panthers with PE screens, metal barrels and the Tamiya individual link tracks. These two tanks are being built for a freind who loves these big cats. I think he's just doing it to mess with me though, I'm not about to admit that I've enjoyed building these. It is however, a nice change of pace throwing these Tamiya kits together. I know the accuracy police would most likely tear them apart but man these kits just fall together.



I've saved this last kit to cleanse the pallet. Not only is it olive drab but it's a half track. I will be building an XX Corps M2A1 in Belgium. It's just a few un-finished sub assemblies at this point but hey, I've gotta' get that Panther taste out of my mouth and this is just the thing to do it.



Ok, enough of my excuses. Time to get back to my M4A1 base so I can get that project wrapped up. Lets lay some groundwork!

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Ken! Never thought I'd see the day you built a Panther, let alone two. Nice!

    ReplyDelete